lightroom help please!

LisaMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i am ready to export all my pictures i have been working on for the past month to get printed for my portfolio, thing is i would like to export them with a border and with my identity plate but im not sure how to do that, if some one could help me out and give me some advice that be great, I couldnt find anything on the web!

Also (if its possible) if there is also a way to have my border/identity plate already on my picture automatically when i click on develop so its easier, and i can just click export when finished editing.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Put your portfolio shots into a 'collection'. Then when you go into the Print module, you can simple click on that collection and have all the right images.

In the print module, on the right side control panel, you can set the border width and the identity plate.

Once you have everything the way you want it, you should be able to save that as a preset, so that from then on, all you have to do is click on that preset to apply it to selected images.

Put your portfolio shots into a 'collection'. Then when you go into the Print module, you can simple click on that collection and have all the right images.

In the print module, on the right side control panel, you can set the border width and the identity plate.

Once you have everything the way you want it, you should be able to save that as a preset, so that from then on, all you have to do is click on that preset to apply it to selected images.

What he said. :)

I'm not big on watermarking (if I put it in it detracts from the photo, if I make it cover the whole image so it can't be taken out the image isn't viewable, if I put it in the corner, someone will just crop it out if they want to steal the photo), but that looks pretty awesome.

Using the identity plate in LR comes with a few caveats. I won't go into detail, but it doesn't always do what you want it to at times. >.<

Ok so far thanks for all the responses! But back to the lightroom thing, ok Big Mike i guess i should add i am not printing these from home i will have to export these pictures and then eventually get them printed, so i figured out how to have it exported as a jpeg from the print menu you suggested, however, is there a way to get rid of that annoying white background templates it automatically puts in the back!!?
Also, if it is this annoying, how does photoshops watermarking stack up against lightroom, is it worth considering an upgrade??

oh guess i should add *CS3 CS4 to be exact, as i believe there are lots of diff ones?? lol?

i am using that plugin but...im having trouble getting the water mark in the right position...its like right in the middle of the picture

There should be part of the export menu where you can select the position.

If you don't have PS CS4, I wouldn't upgrade *just* for watermarking. That's overboard. Get GIMP if you're looking to do the same thing.

The white backgrounds in the Print module are just there to give you a sense of the paper size in relation to the pictures. Try playing with the settings, namely the margin, cell size, and document size settings. Don't be afraid to futz with these; just get a feel for how they effect what will be printed and you'll quickly see how to get rid of those boarders. Start by setting the margins to 0.

If you're getting these printed at a professional printer, it'd be worth calling them to get a good idea of exactly what they want.

Most reactions

Back