Lightroom Help Please!

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So as I'm just getting back into photography, I've purchased a subscription to adobe creative cloud and I installed lightroom, however I'm unable to open it. When I attempt to open it, I'm greeted with a message telling me that "lightroom cannot create a catalog named "lightroom 5 catalog" on volume "Local Disk (C:)" because lightroom cannot save changes to this location. Lightroom catalogs cannot be opened on network volumes, removable storage, or read only volumes."

I literally cannot even get lightroom to open because of this. My C drive is my local, built in hard drive on my desktop. I've attempted to create a new catalog using the file browser box but I can't figure out how to do so, as it seems to want me to select a file and I have no idea what type of file it is looking for.

Google has turned up no useful solution.

I just want to edit the photos I took this morning! Help!

If you have a subscription contact Adobe, they do live support. I did last time I had an issue after an update and PS no longer worked but the remote connected to my system and sorted it out quick sharp.

Was planning on it but just figured that this would be easier.. not a fan of dealing with customer service but if they're cool then I'll give them a shot right now. Thanks!

Fixed. That was hands down the best, fastest customer support I've ever received.

If you have a subscription contact Adobe, they do live support. I did last time I had an issue after an update and PS no longer worked but the remote connected to my system and sorted it out quick sharp.

Have a packed lunch with you before you log in to Adobe chat, #1000 monkeys with on 1000 typewriters.

Most reactions

Back