Lightroom help question

Freedbaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently using the 30 day free trial of Adobe Lightroom, which I really like but am having trouble saving.

In other programs that I have used I am able to "save changes" which will just save the edited image in place of the original. In Lightroom I am not able to find that feature or function. Can someone direct me to the right tab or menu??

I really have no need to save the original and edited image.

Thanks,

Freedbaby

got itunes? Check go to the itunes store, click podcasts, and search "lightroom" they have a ton of tutorials, its there. video podcasts are brilliant, and FREE

If you are shooting raw you can't save a change to the original, otherwise select edit original and changes will be saved to the original. Lightroom does everything in it's power to keep you from making changes to the original.

Picture2.jpg

by no mean i am a lightroom expert, i don't think there's a "save" function, if you want to save the edited version of the photo(s), just choose "export" and then choose the output location and format(if you are working with RAW, you can choose "original" from the pull down menu. I hope this helps.

I couldn't believe it took me more than 6 minutes to post a response.....i am too slow...:er:

If you are shooting raw you can't save a change to the original, otherwise select edit original and changes will be saved to the original. Lightroom does everything in it's power to keep you from making changes to the original.

Picture2.jpg

Picture2.jpg

where did you find that window or menu? It looks like that came from CS3 but I am using Lightroom only

I am not shooting in RAW, btw.

Jay

Right click and click edit with photoshop. or in the options setup an external application and then rightclick and click edit in external applications.

But wing352 is right. To get adjusted files out of light room click library and then export the images you want.

In Lightroom everything you do (changes you make) is written to a set of instructions and not to the actual file. They are all written on the fly, so you don't have to save. Lightroom will not touch your original file while working in Lightroom. All changes are made to a separate file, a set of instructions. When you decide to export, or do something outside of LR with the file, LR exports a new file with the changes applied. Point is, LR saves everything you do, so there is no need to save the changes as you work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back