Lightroom no longer see's lens model

The reason I don't like auto-updating software (and still using the standalone LR). I used to love to get the beta releases, now I like to wait until someone else has found bugs.

You can always just type the info in manually.

The reason I don't like auto-updating software (and still using the standalone LR). I used to love to get the beta releases, now I like to wait until someone else has found bugs.

It doesn't auto update, I didn't know there was a bug when I chose to update it.

I don't feel like rolling back, I don't want to risk messing up my settings right now. I'll just have to deal with it until they release a fix. Luckily because of this awful weather, I haven't been shooting a whole lot so hopefully they will fix it before I get busy again.

all things considered, is it really that big of a deal?
i guess its probably just not to me 'cause I dont track much information from metadata.
in all reality, I dont track much of anything once the file is delivered and/or uploaded to my flickr page.
or archived somewhere. i never go back and check what lens or settings were used on what picture.
I guess if you do that sort of thing, the glitch might be annoying. still seems kinda minor though if it doesnt affect the actual editing.
It does help if you are doing lens distortion corrections and don't want to bother with sliders.

I don't feel like rolling back, I don't want to risk messing up my settings right now. I'll just have to deal with it until they release a fix. Luckily because of this awful weather, I haven't been shooting a whole lot so hopefully they will fix it before I get busy again.

all things considered, is it really that big of a deal?
i guess its probably just not to me 'cause I dont track much information from metadata.
in all reality, I dont track much of anything once the file is delivered and/or uploaded to my flickr page.
or archived somewhere. i never go back and check what lens or settings were used on what picture.
I guess if you do that sort of thing, the glitch might be annoying. still seems kinda minor though if it doesnt affect the actual editing.
It does help if you are doing lens distortion corrections and don't want to bother with sliders.

Lens corrections still work just fine even though LR doesn't see what lens it is, still reads the metadata in the raw file just doesn't display it.

The latest version of Lightroom CC 2015.5.1 is out with a fix for the missing lens data bug:1219:.
And yes it is important if are trying to filter your images by lens type because the bug broke that option for new images.

You beat me to it! I was just going to make a post! Hahaha.

Most reactions

Back