LightRoom Peeps!

Saddlebreds4me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for someone who could help me with Lightroom - I figured out how to sign, and edit - but when I go to export my photo to a file - my "signature" doesn't transfer. All of my edits to the photos transfer but the signature does not - any help with this?

Is there a "Save" button that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

under library, you go to the meta data section... where it says Preset.. click the drop down, then click Edit Presets. then set up your signautre under IPTC Copyright.. where it says Copyright, thats where you put what you want to appear on your picture... THEN you select your picture.. and set it to that preset.. THEN, when you do the export, you make sure you click on File> Export scroll down and make sure "Add Copyright Watermark" is checked off... if you export them at full resolution, you will NOT see the copyright, but if you resize for web 800x600 (as that is what the copyright is set up for) you will see it.

I am about to ask a real noob question.

chrisburke, if you are on here, you were kind enough to guide me through putting my signature on my photos for email. I printed out your instructions and walked myself through it. I cannot thank you enough for that.

Here's my noob question - it will only send my signature as a "watermark" or a clear/see through type opacity - in a default font I guess. I am assuming that the term "watermark" is used almost like the word "proof" over a photo so that people cannot download or print your photo and have it "clean" without having to pay for it. This is great and I am glad I learned how to do this - but what I can't get to "stay" when I go to email is my actual signature (which I would like the in the bottom right hand corner) in black.

So the "watermark" and the "signature" are two different things - yes?

Thanks again and I apologize for my questions, but I can't wait to have this one figured out because in my world so many people want/need their photos emailed and deadlines are important.

Most reactions

Back