Lightroom, photoshop or aperture?

Pukka312

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.uniquexpressionsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently use Lightroom 3 and CS5, but ran into a fellow photog who uses aperture. He was showing me a few things about aperture that impressed me. Has anyone tried all 3 programs and come out with a fave? I am most comfortable with photoshop, though I know if I learned how to work with Lightroom more, it would save me time and speed up my workflow. What about Aperture? I'm mostly interested in the most efficient method of editing. Ideally I'd like to save my photoshop use for the few edits that I want to do more artistic alterations to (i.e. textures and such). I was impressed with the auto white balance feature for skin tones on aperture, which really was the only thing the other photographer demonstrated for me. Preferences for those who do high volume editing?

Moved from Photography Equipment & Products.

Aperture is Apple's version of the same type of application Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is - PIEware.

Lightroom, being Adobe software, is designed to tightly integrate with Photoshop. Aperture isn't Adobe softwrae, and can't be as tightly integrated.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use aperture and photoshop. I downloaded the trial of Lightroom but did not find it as intuitive to use as Aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back