Lightroom to Photoshop

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been very confused because I edit in Lightroom and then transfer it to Photoshop to adjust minute things and do touch ups. My concern is that when my photos are in lightroom, i adjust the colors to the correct amount and it looks perfect and as soon as it goes to PS, the colors of the image become a little less bright and not the same as in lightroom. Whats going on and how can I correct this?

are you exporting the pics in adobe rbd or wtv the letters are?

How are you moving the files over? Remember that LR doesn't actually do anything to an image file until you export it. So if you just drag a file into PS, it will be an untouched version, that will lack any of the edits you made in LR. If you right click the file in LR you'll have the option to 'Edit in Photoshop', which will export a copy with your edits intact.

How are you moving the files over? Remember that LR doesn't actually do anything to an image file until you export it. So if you just drag a file into PS, it will be an untouched version, that will lack any of the edits you made in LR. If you right click the file in LR you'll have the option to 'Edit in Photoshop', which will export a copy with your edits intact.

i tried to imply that in my post without typing it out :p

It's usually a difference in color space between the two.

...this.

And also, if you plan on converting from adobe to sRGB, there are multiple ways to convert the color space I have found that give different results than just letting Photoshop do it while opening up the file. I have found that opening the image without converting (ie, not having PS preset to sRGB and allowing it to open based on the file), and then converting with the menu, renders very little visible color change compared to opening the file into a preset color work space. I don't know why.

Err colour spaces are preserved. This is because Lightroom doesn't export to photoshop. What it does is tell photoshop to open the RAW file in ACR with a set of pre-sets. Assuming that both the Lightroom and CameraRAW versions are the same the same file with the same edits applied is opened in Photoshop, and since it's imported from the ACR dialogue it doesn't matter what the colour space is.

What is more likely the problem if you have all the correct versions of software installed, is that your monitor profile is loading incorrectly in either Lightroom or Photoshop. I assume you don't have a monitor calibration device? Go into the colour management tab in the control panel (I assume this is windows), and make sure there is no profile assigned to your monitor.

Few things could cause this
#1 - color space. It is a pain in the ass and recently it became BIGGER PIA for me since I began printing from home rather then sending to the lab.
#2 - when you are exporting to PS, you have an option to export WITH LR adjustments, W/O LR adjustments or original file. Make sure you accurately select that function.

But assuming you are familiar with LR:thumbup:, it is probably color profiles :thumbdown:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back