Lightroom

stepbill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Where have you all got your lightroom from? It seems to be a tad expensive, is it worth it or is there a freeware download? Thanks for the help. I have elements. Would this do the same thing?

Lightroom is not freeware but you can download a trial from Adobe.

When Adobe was creating light room, they bought up a program called RAW Shooter Essentials, which was a free download. You could probably find RSE and it might work if you have an older camera. It won't work with newer RAW files though.

Lightroom is a 'workflow' software, made for people who shoot a lot and have a large number of files (most likely RAW files). It helps to speed up the workflow and make it easy and non-destructive.

If all you want to do is edit photos, then Elements will do just fine.

I love Lightroom. It's cut down on the time I spend in Photoshop considerably, and well worth the money in my opinion. Download the trial and see what you think.

There is a Lightroom 2 beta that is available for download, and you can use it for free until August 31 I believe.

Well, I found a copy of lightroom, won't say how or where but it is a fantastic program! Hope to get plenty of use from it. I intend to play around with both RAW and Jpeg pics till I see what I like best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back