lightroom

Though LR 4 is coming out soon, I bought Adobe LR3 in a classroom from Amazon. It includes step by step for those who still enjoy hard copies and project files to get your feet wet, take a look and enjoy.

I tried the LR 4 beta (I have PS Elements) and like it. You're right though....it's not immediately intuitive at time..it took me a little bit to figure out how to apply local changes....you probably do not need to go beyond it's editing capability for most images..at least that's what I've found. It's my understanding that a lot of pros use LR and don't even bother with CS5.

I jumped on the Lightroom bandwagon a while ago. I struggled for months using Photoshop and Bridge; they were simply too clunky for me at the time and offered me far more features than what I wanted to do with my files.

It was actually Jared Polin's videos that alerted me to LR and coincidentally there was a trial on when I got interested. Since then I have loved LR3 and can't wait for LR4. I have been using the LR4 trial and there are a few features that are really interesting, selective WB anf 'White' levels being two of them.

I honestly think Lightroom could be the solution for most amateurs looking to process their files. A lot of my peers use CS5 yet don't even scratch the surface of what that software can offer. I would even say that that most of them wouldn't scratch the surface of what Lightrrom has to offer!

I think you need to ask yourself whether you want to process or manipulate, unless manipulating is part of your processing!

P.S Why does it sound so much like I'm one of those bots trying to sell something?

Okay, one last question :blushing:. When I use the brush white circles appear with each brush stroke. Some are solid white, some with a black dot. I have no idea what these are or what they are called. I googled "white dots in lightroom" :lol::er: but yeah, as you would guess...no help. So does anyone know what these are, what they do, and how to turn them off?

:hugs: thanks for putting up with all my questions haha

Ps CS5's Camera Raw and Ps Lightroom 3's Develope module are the same thing - ACR 6.

Ps CS6's Camera Raw and Ps Lightroom 4's Develope module are the same thing - ACR 7.

There is no free Beta of Ps CS6.

The white is the mask being created by the brush and the dots are called 'pins'.

Look for the Auto Mask check box, the Show Mask check box, and the Show Pins check box at the bottom of the tool panel.

With Lightroom open press the F1 key on your keyboard.

The white is the mask being created by the brush and the dots are called 'pins'.

Look for the Auto Mask check box, the Show Mask check box, and the Show Pins check box at the bottom of the tool panel.

With Lightroom open press the F1 key on your keyboard.

ahhhh you have no idea how much I love you right now. I spent forever trying to turn those things off yesterday! :D

Jared is great....I"ve learned quite a bit from watching his videos and attending his spreecasts....he also is an entertaining presenter. I believe his Friend Adam Learner did some LR4 beta videos as well.. (another good youtuber...)

I jumped on the Lightroom bandwagon a while ago. I struggled for months using Photoshop and Bridge; they were simply too clunky for me at the time and offered me far more features than what I wanted to do with my files.

It was actually Jared Polin's videos that alerted me to LR and coincidentally there was a trial on when I got interested. Since then I have loved LR3 and can't wait for LR4. I have been using the LR4 trial and there are a few features that are really interesting, selective WB anf 'White' levels being two of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back