Lights?

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just at B&H and there is such a huge selection and all these menus im not exactly sure where to look.

I am trying to look for simple lighting pieces.

Such as unbrella + strobe light.

I found some "kits" and other things but they were *very* expensive. (over a grand!)

Are there anything for lighting that is somewhat affordable for an amature?

Also look at Elinchrom D-lite's they're comparable to AB prices and output, but they're a bit more consistant as far as output between flashes and color temp across the power range.

AB's at very low power have a magenta tint to their lights.

AB's at very low power have a magenta tint to their lights.

Has this been proven, VI? I've never seen it, and as BigMike said, he's not been able to prove/dsprove it either. I'd be interested in seeing a picture where this was visible and see how "bad" it is. Another factor is, are these the older ABs (without internal fans), or the newer ones also afflicted with this issue?

For beginners, I still suggest spending a lot of time over at the strobist site with 1 or 2 cheap off camera strobes before investing into studio lighting.

Has this been proven, VI? I've never seen it, and as BigMike said, he's not been able to prove/dsprove it either. I'd be interested in seeing a picture where this was visible and see how "bad" it is. Another factor is, are these the older ABs (without internal fans), or the newer ones also afflicted with this issue?

For beginners, I still suggest spending a lot of time over at the strobist site with 1 or 2 cheap off camera strobes before investing into studio lighting.

I posted the link to the POTN post testing the lights in one of the previous thread aboot AB's

Most reactions

New Topics

Back