Like i said before Raising ISO Above the lowest Setting is Degrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
........ Raising the ISO makes it more sensitive just like film. ..............

Nope.

So raising film speed aka ISO isn't the sensitivity it has to light? Please, I hope your joking around.

Sorry. I'm not joking.

Alright I see this all the time on here. You ALL need to chill out with your overly technical explanations. Most photographers don’t care and that’s totally fine.. let them believe that increasing iso causes the sensor to be more sensitive to light.

For all intents and purposes, that’s what iso does. Many of us understand that it isn’t technically true, but that doesn’t matter.

Nobody cares that you have a deeper understanding of the way a sensor works. You’re like that nerd in the back of the classroom spouting off technically accurate, but completely useless information.

Seriously.

Here’s an analogy:

Its the equivalent to me sitting in class as a paramedic and yelling at the professor when he tells the class that “Epi-Pens open the airway of a patient in anaphylactic shock.” Because technically he would be wrong, as it’s way more complicated than that. But for those who are out in the field actively dealing with the problem, those technicalities don’t matter and the professor’s statement is all they need to know to get by.

We had a student in class who frequently interrupted the professor to correct him on small technicalities. We all hated her with a burning passion.

Whilst everyone has behaved really well for 13 pages I think we are getting to a point now where confusion is going to set in. Time to end this thread before we get a bit too lost/muddled. If you wish to ask about ISO in more depth please start a new thread on the topic

Nobody cares that you have a deeper understanding of the way a sensor works. You’re like that nerd in the back of the classroom spouting off technically accurate, but completely useless information.

I'd like to remind users to remain respectful toward each other. Also please don't belittle those who are willing to discuss subjects on a more technical level. Discussions here are free to take their course and if people want to talk about the technical aspects that is encouraged. Sure many people don't need to know it - but those that wish too can benefit; furthermore those that wish to discuss at such a level should be free to do so without being insulted/hounded for knowing more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back