What's new

lil dam

Looks a little dark. The gray snow is always the give away :wink:
 
I agree with the above comments , a little dark and a nice shot. Interesting subject and good composition, your best so far. :thumbup:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
View attachment 69025
bumped up the light a couple notches in post.

maybe a little too far, you lost a good bit of darks and contrast :)

For edits in B&W I love using Silver Effx Pro 2.
LOL I cant win....
I only bumped it up to appease anyone thinking it was too dark.
well hell, i liked it the way it was. it was dark when I took it and I don't like post. Makes sense.
 
View attachment 69025
bumped up the light a couple notches in post.

maybe a little too far, you lost a good bit of darks and contrast :)

For edits in B&W I love using Silver Effx Pro 2.
LOL I cant win....
I only bumped it up to appease anyone thinking it was too dark.
well hell, i liked it the way it was. it was dark when I took it and I don't like post. Makes sense.

Might as well give up trying to please everyone on this site. That will NEVER happen.

This is a nice picture, I agree that it was a little dark to start with but my first thought is that this would have or be a great long exposure shot.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
maybe a little too far, you lost a good bit of darks and contrast :)

For edits in B&W I love using Silver Effx Pro 2.
LOL I cant win....
I only bumped it up to appease anyone thinking it was too dark.
well hell, i liked it the way it was. it was dark when I took it and I don't like post. Makes sense.

Might as well give up trying to please everyone on this site. That will NEVER happen.

This is a nice picture, I agree that it was a little dark to start with but my first thought is that this would have or be a great long exposure shot.
it was a little dark. okay, okay. ill find a happy medium. you lost me on the long exposure. it would make the water into a blur and take out all detail. Far as the dark, Took it at iso 400 plus on exposure. I clearly could have went higher..
it always looks different on the camera lcd screen. which is part of what I need to pay attention too. Especially when you are looking at a brighter screen in a darker environment. In time I think ill get used to it and getting used to setting the camera knowing about where I should be.
 
Yes, it would make the water blur but in my minds eye, I think it would be as equally good that way as opposed to this. It's all a personal preference.
 
Yes, it would make the water blur but in my minds eye, I think it would be as equally good that way as opposed to this. It's all a personal preference.
hmm. let me think about this. Dragging my tripod down a trail walking.....
okay, it wouldn't be that bad I guess. But why not just take it in the day time with a lesser long exposure instead of toward night like this one?
 
You could do it in the daytime too, if you had an nd filter. You only need like a 2-3 second exposure.

It's hard to explain what my mind is seeing with this one. I think that the "Flow" of the water in connection with the snow, the rocks, the tree branches and the dam would just look good.
 
View attachment 69030

happy medium. this is my second post light change. you don't like this. tough ****. lol
 
I rather liked the original version. Maybe a little extra contrast? You'll never please everyone so be sure to please yourself! :D
 
I rather liked the original version. Maybe a little extra contrast? You'll never please everyone so be sure to please yourself! :D

it's none of the above now. it is going to print in color (and brighter). I had it bw because im working on bw tones. And yes, the color version I brought up the contrast too it "pops" now. Well, as much as this can pop. This probably is one of the best things i've posted on here. Usually I only post the real crap. Enough to learn not impress.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom