Lines, Light & Stone

Kulanu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings:

I have been away from photography as a hobby for a long time. The itch came back and I bought a new camera kit. This is my first post. This is an image from my first real session with the new camera. Anyway, I am not about the equipment. I am more interested in your thoughts about the image. Many thanks for a wonderful forum and resource. I am looking forward to learning from all of you and enjoying your images.

Kulanu

Learning curve. The low resolution kills the image. I will learn how to upload a larger image tomorrow. Sorry for the Newbe blunder. K

Attachments

• $Lines, Light & Stone II.jpg
    $Lines, Light & Stone II.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I like the idea of this, contrasting the walkway and people out in the sun against the shaded walk and the people on it. Where I think it falls short is that the sunlit portion is just way too bright. This could be fixed by processing differently, but contrasty scenes like this really require shooting in RAW to have the best chance of picking up both shadows and highlights. I also think this would work better if there were fewer people on the outside walkway for better balance - waiting there a few minutes might have been worth it.

Ken:

Thank you. I appreciate and completely agree with your comments. I was focusing (my attention) on the two figures at the end in the light and their shadows on the stone. The wall in the sun is at least 25% too bright. Unfortunately the camera I have is so new, the RAW plugin is not yet available for LR. Should be out in a few weeks. I am looking forward to playing with RAW. I am surprised by the quality of the JPEGS this camera shoots though RAW is my preference.

Here is another image from the same series.

Many thanks,

David

View attachment 11047

Most reactions

Back