linhof 617

den9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
interesting camera, just curious of what film does it exactly use? and how exactly does it work as far as keeping lines straight, doesnt seem to operate the same way a slr tilt shift lens works.

Linhof Technorama 617

what do you mean 4 images on 1 roll? would that mean you are using 2 normal frames for 1 shot for example?

and when i say straight lines, i mean converging lines.

ok i think figured it out.

there are no converging lines because it has a 3:1 aspect ratio?

Last edited:
what do you mean 4 images on 1 roll? would that mean you are using 2 normal frames for 1 shot for example?

There are no frames on a roll of film until the camera creates them. This
camera makes four 6cm X 17cm images (frames) on a roll of 120 film or
eight of them on a roll of 220 film.

There is an Australian natural-light photographer who does some absolutely astounding work with that camera. His name is Mark Gray, and he has been featured on American, Australian, and European TV shows. He works in the idyllic landscape tradition, with basically no Photoshop manipulation, no HDR, and so on. His web site is Mark Gray Landscape Photography - About Mark Gray

There is an Australian natural-light photographer who does some absolutely astounding work with that camera. His name is Mark Gray, and he has been featured on American, Australian, and European TV shows. He works in the idyllic landscape tradition, with basically no Photoshop manipulation, no HDR, and so on. His web site is Mark Gray Landscape Photography - About Mark Gray

wow, amazing! i never seen such great colored photos.

another guy who uses this camera, which of where i first found out about the camera its self, shoots vertical panoramas. he has a book called new york vertical that i stumbled upon in the library.

Horst Hamann Photography :: New York Vertical :: New York Panorama

Most reactions

New Topics

Back