What's new

Lions

Raindog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
136
Reaction score
3
Seemed the perfect soft light on sunday under a grey sky and light to medium rain.

_DSC0646.jpg

D2H, 400mm, F3.5, 1/125, ISO200

_DSC0623.jpg

D2H, 400mm, F3.5, 1/80, ISO200

A monopod helped to steady the shots and a trash bag kept me fairly dry
 
That second really says 'king of the beasts'. Well done. :thumbsup:
 
I agree! You don't wanna mess with these fellows :mrgreen:

Great shot, what are you shooting with?
 
I think I prefer #2 but I would gladly call each amazing. I am also curious as to what lens you were using for these shots.
 
Thanks guys,

I always include EXIF.
 
The lens used on these was a twenty seven year old nikkor 400/3.5 AI-S. She's old, slightly beat up and lacks autofocus but I've yet to find a sharper prime wide open.
 
The DOF on these are incredible. Great job.
 
Wow, #2 is a great shot! Lions are cool aren't they!

Rob
 
Excellent shots. I really like that first shot. Very well done. !!!
 
beautiful shots! love #2... neat dof.. thanks for sharing :)
 
First is great, you must have an amazing ability to hold the camera still, the images are amazingly sharp. I was only seldom able to produce such a sharp image with so low exposure times with my 300mm even when using a monopod. Great work!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom