Listing Photo Dimension or Matted Dimension on Price List

kiestphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm new here, but this looked like one of the best forums to ask for help on this.
I am putting up a photography show at a local concert hall, and am working on captions and price list. I am selling all of the prints matted, with optional frames. Should I list matted dimensions, or photo dimensions? I have seen both.
My mattes are standardized, for standard frame sizes, but the internal dimension vary per image. For instance, I have:
8x10 print in 11x14 matte
8x12 print in 11x14 matte
12x16 print in 20x24 matte
12x18 print in 20x24 matte
16x20 print in 24x30 matte
16x24 print in 24x30 matte

I want to keep it simple and price it by matte size, but I don't want to "deceive" people with the size.

I am leaning towards saying for example: "20x24 matted photo $100, framed $175"

What do you all think?

Matte size. They can see what size the pictures are. They just need to know what size the final is to put it in a frame.

What do you all think?

While I think specifying the matte size is a reasonable option, I think your chosen wording is confusing and could be considered deceptive. It very easily could be taken to mean (and I think the proper reading is) that it is both a matted photo and a 20x24 photo. Something like "photo in 20x24 matte" would be more proper.

What do you all think?

While I think specifying the matte size is a reasonable option, I think your chosen wording is confusing and could be considered deceptive. It very easily could be taken to mean (and I think the proper reading is) that it is both a matted photo and a 20x24 photo. Something like "photo in 20x24 matte" would be more proper.
+1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back