Little bird thread...your mission Mr Phelps

my one and only so far for Easter.. Happy Easter...beautiful female cardinal.......
View attachment 171892
Happy Easter! Boy, you just keep kickin' out the good pics of the pretty, little ones! Beautiful bird and pic! I suppose I should put a feeder to increase my chances of spotting the smaller birds around here, I rarely see them close up.

Nest building 101. 1: Find suitable place to build nest. 2: Build nest. 3: Make it comfortable....

32721045957_900d5a8924_h.jpg

Happy Easter! Boy, you just keep kickin' out the good pics of the pretty, little ones! Beautiful bird and pic! I suppose I should put a feeder to increase my chances of spotting the smaller birds around here, I rarely see them close up.

Feeders do help. Keep in mind it takes a while for the birds to be comfortable around you and your daily routines. I used to have a lot of feeders. Over time, weather and animals destroyed them, and I kinda gave up. A year ago, I put more up because of the photography. Still very skiddish, but getting better.

I have a friend that has had feeders for years. He can sit on his back deck and they'll come and go. Even hand feeds several birds and squirrels. He's invited me to take pictures. They won't show up if I'm there. Even if I'm hiding.

I've found it's easier to go to a busy park. The birds are used to people walking through. Sit on a bench and wait.

my one and only so far for Easter.. Happy Easter...beautiful female cardinal.......
View attachment 171892
thank you Kirk.. i have it easy because i have parrots.. and parakeets and cockatiels.. all their left over food goes out to the wild birds each day .. i cannot see wasting it.. so everyones happy..lol

Nest building 101. 1: Find suitable place to build nest. 2: Build nest. 3: Make it comfortable....
Looks like he grabbed some of my collies hair..lol.. that should do it.. nice photo......!
32721045957_900d5a8924_h.jpg

[QUOTE="Tony744,

h5RxFIg.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Beautiful cardinal photos Tony.. funny my buds on the bushes are just about the same as yours

I was up bright and early this am.. caught the moon going down and sun coming up in a blaze.. also spotted a couple of song birds and a beautiful cardinal...... Have a great day!!
1-sunrise 016.JPG
1-sunrise 082.JPG
1-sunrise 024.JPG

I was up bright and early this am.. caught the moon going down and sun coming up in a blaze.. also spotted a couple of song birds and a beautiful cardinal...... Have a great day!!View attachment 171959 View attachment 171960 View attachment 171961
It's just not fair ……
Ha! Nice pics, very pretty birds!
thanks Kirk.. that would be funny.. right down the street and we do not even know it
oh what a beautiful photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back