Little bird thread...your mission Mr Phelps

I was up bright and early this am.. caught the moon going down and sun coming up in a blaze.. also spotted a couple of song birds and a beautiful cardinal...... Have a great day!!View attachment 171959 View attachment 171960 View attachment 171961

Wonderful! The weather vane shot is classic :)
thank you.. these are my favorite little birds.. they really can sing.. remind me of a bla colored canary.. the voice is just beautiful.. so i welcome them..

TkKAtcC.jpg

h5RxFIg.jpg
Are you and Photo Lady neighbors or what?! Ha! Nice pics!

I'm in Massachusetts. Depending on what part of NY she's in, we might only be a few hours apart.

[
TkKAtcC.jpg

h5RxFIg.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Are you and Photo Lady neighbors or what?! Ha! Nice pics![/QUOTE]

I'm in Massachusetts. Depending on what part of NY she's in, we might only be a few hours apart.[/QUOTE]
I think i am about 7 hours away.. all the way up by Rochester

Are you and Photo Lady neighbors or what?! Ha! Nice pics![/QUOTE]

I'm in Massachusetts. Depending on what part of NY she's in, we might only be a few hours apart.[/QUOTE]
I think i am about 7 hours away.. all the way up by Rochester[/QUOTE]
I see … but you missed the jist. I was of the belief that you were literally right next door to her and taking pictures of birds in her tree since yours and her pictures look very similar. It's Ok, forget it.

I just googled that the humminbirds have migrated to upstate NY. so i hung all the feeders today

I just found this little hummingbird photo from my collection... i do not think i will be seeing them any time too soon since it is snowing and cold.....this is one of my photos that was far from perfect but still had a certain appeal.. maybe because it is rare that we get to shoot a hummingbird actually going for the nectar in the flower..
1-1-DSC_7158.JPG

Reactions: amj
Cool how some of the colors have that iridescent quality. Gotta ask what shutter speed you used to stop those wings that well.

Thanx Kirk.
I had used shutter speed of 2000 with iso bumped up to 800.
wow i will have to try this...
Cool how some of the colors have that iridescent quality. Gotta ask what shutter speed you used to stop those wings that well.

Thanx Kirk.

Specially for Humming birds, I would prefer shutter speed of 2000+ & that might need higher ISO depending on light. All the best & looking forward to your Hummers in action....

Thanx Kirk.

Thanx Kirk.

Specially for Humming birds, I would prefer shutter speed of 2000+ & that might need higher ISO depending on light. All the best & looking forward to your Hummers in action....
Thank you i am so looking forward to the hummers return..snow and wind and rain right now so i hope they are okay to stand this weather..thank you for tip..i cannot wait to try it

this morning.. rainy and cold.. i cannot believe this robin is sitting on her eggs in this weather... only got a photo of this squirrel running around and taking advantage of all the bird seed.. ..
1-birds and squirrel 006.JPG
1-birds and squirrel 044.JPG

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back