Little Egret

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

Far up at the top of a tree having a spy on the area around, though a bit high up to be catching fish, but he/she did have a preen for a few moments before flying off.

23928134658_5c232b064e_b.jpg

Taken with Canon 7D and Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS + 2*TC

As always any comments/critiques are most welcome!

Thanks, I actually had a lot more open space all around the bird and was lucky that, at least in this pose, its head was just below three powerlines that I had to clone out. Came off well even in the rather grey dull light

Nice shot don't have them come over to North America very often.

Thanks guys!
Zombie - you get the great/large/common egrets though far more so in America if I recall right - the ones with the yellow beak and green blaze on the beak.

Tired - tis a good little giant lens !

Thanks guys!
Zombie - you get the great/large/common egrets though far more so in America if I recall right - the ones with the yellow beak and green blaze on the beak.

Tired - tis a good little giant lens !
Yes we do we get the great cattle and snowy although the snowy and cattle egret don't come around my area they are a rarity i know of one little egret that showed up in the united states this year (I am in ontario).

really well exposed, did you have to use EV so you didn't blow out the white?

Thanks Bonkers - actually the other way around. With so much of the scene basically being white/grey skies it was more a case of telling the camera to overexpose a little as it acts very much like snow and the camera aims to get everything in that grey-exposure zone. So the first few shots I had to add some exposure compensation to get a bit of over-exposure on my side.

Thanks Bonkers - actually the other way around. With so much of the scene basically being white/grey skies it was more a case of telling the camera to overexpose a little as it acts very much like snow and the camera aims to get everything in that grey-exposure zone. So the first few shots I had to add some exposure compensation to get a bit of over-exposure on my side.

Ah good to know, I'll definitely need to remember that!

Most reactions

Back