Little Grebe on the Pond

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Little Grebe ( Tachybaptus ruficollis) on pond to which I have access too, quite close to my home. Much smaller than his cousin the Great Crested variety.

Sony a7Riv and Sony 200-600mm + Sony 1.4x Teleconverter

ga6AZNN.jpg

Les :)

Good morning! The first time I saw one (just a couple years back) I was fascinated watching them, they were soooo cute and interesting to watch. It became a guessing game as to whether I could guess where they were going to surface. Tricky lil dudes, they change directions quickly under water. Beautiful image you capture there, bud.

Good morning! The first time I saw one (just a couple years back) I was fascinated watching them, they were soooo cute and interesting to watch. It became a guessing game as to whether I could guess where they were going to surface. Tricky lil dudes, they change directions quickly under water. Beautiful image you capture there, bud.
Hi Kirk- Thank you for your comments, I agree they are skittish at best and its a hope and pray scenario to get a shot :)
Nice shot! I haven't seen them here.
Thank you Jeff- do they have them anywhere in the USA ?? Just curious

Hi Kirk- Thank you for your comments, I agree they are skittish at best and its a hope and pray scenario to get a shot :)

Thank you Jeff- do they have them anywhere in the USA ?? Just curious

There are seven variants in N. America. I've probably seen them, but not close enough to identify.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back