Little Green Heron C&C please

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Break-Time.jpg

Bird is nice and sharp; on a cell phone it looks well exposed.

I will say though; what the heck is the bird doing???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

Drying his wings after a bath. They don't fly well with wet wings.

And here I thought it was some strange mating ritual.

Or he was possessed.

Or maybe doing the funky chicken dance...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

Very nice. Maybe a touch dark but not significantly. It could be that my monitor hasn't warmed up yet to. They are tough to get good shots of. I like the unusual pose.

Matching the available light to the tonal range is spot on. I went with the bird a bit brighter but it just isn't right for the rest of the surrounding light. Sometimes, it is what it is. Thanks for the comments.

Matching the available light to the tonal range is spot on. I went with the bird a bit brighter but it just isn't right for the rest of the surrounding light. Sometimes, it is what it is. Thanks for the comments.
What really matters is whether you're satisfied with the photograph or not. Everything else just other peoples opinion..

If you like the shot the way it is that's all that matters. I don't tell others what to do with their photographs.

Consider this extreme example though: I can take a natural light photograph of a black cat walking along a fence at midnight and get the tonal range to match the available light "Spot On", as you say, but it's still going to be too dark. Take a look at your histogram. Sometimes a bit too dark is just that: A bit too dark.

Again, it's your shot so do as you please. Just trying to be helpful but I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on.

I'm new to this forum and I hope you don't mind me editing your photo as it says in your info. It's a nice shot, nice composition but it does appear dark on my monitor. I took the photo and adjusted the levels, then brought out the shadows, brightened the eye a little and had to do some noise reduction as making it lighter brought out the noise. I didn't want to push it too far but I though a little could make a nice difference. Here's a side-by-side. It's always your preference that matters but you did ask for C&C.

p273612705-6.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back