little sister for c&c

nyamy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I still consider myself a pre-beginner even though I've been at this for a while. apparently I'm a slow learner.
anyway, I took this one of my girls the other day, already realize that I should have been more careful about the slide on the left and slicing off my older dd's face. aside from that, would like c&c, you can tell it like it is, I'm here to learn.
thanks
5906491058_95d10aa0f6.jpg

Last edited:
There's not a lot more to say. You've really nailed the main issues here. Exposure and focus are good, the eyes are tack-sharp... There's a bit of a green/blue colour cast to the image, but that may either be my monitor or your hosting 'site causing that. Things to keep in mind when photographing people: You usually want to be at or near their eye-level (Check); focus should always be on the eyes (Check); there's a reason that the veritical orientatio is referred to as 'portrait' (No check); and the difference between a snapshot and a photograph is very often the details and focus of the background (No check).

Find a nice quiet area, with a fairly bland background and practice some more.

thanks tirediron, you always have nice things to say and constructive advice.
I'll bet if I had thought to turn my camera vertically, I wouldnt have gotten the swingset in there, seems obvious now. next time...

I like my pictures a bit warmer... personally i'd bump up the temperature a bit..

will give that a try and see how it looks, thanks noodles

Most reactions

Back