Live stream to laptop... How!?

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the athletics a couple of weeks ago and there were photographers there, who had people on laptops... as they were taking the photos, they were being edited and uploaded to social media immediately. I don't think the photographers were manually selecting the pictures to send to the device. How is this done?

The simple answer is it's likely being done with a wireless file transfer attachment on the camera. Those attachments vary by brand and even model, so that's where the simple explanation ends.

However, as an example,I own a Canon 1DX mk2. For my camera, the device is Canon's WFT-E8. It has both automatic and manual transfer modes. Via LAN, I can transer to up to three devices, choosing between two sizes of Jpeg, Raw, or both. I can transfer to any device that has a browser and Canon's EOS Disk Utility app. I can even apply a predetermined caption (think ‘watermark’) prior to transfer.

What happens from there depends on the capabilities of your device.

I use a software product called "Control My Nikon" and I understand you can use Lightroom as well as a bunch of other products.
I like Control My Nikon because it does stills and video. I've never tried any other product because this one did all I needed.

Most reactions

Back