Livestock photography

Discussion in 'The Aspiring Professionals Forum' started by farmraised, Feb 28, 2016.

1. farmraised

farmraised TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am extremely interested in getting into livestock photography, especially for like semen catalogs and other agricultural marketing items. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to get into that niche. Most nationally published livestock catalogs do not have a photographer listed. Does any one have experience in this field or have any ideas?

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My brother is one of the worlds expert in animal andrology, will send you his email by PM

3. Designer

Designer Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Have you practiced a lot? I assume you've seen the catalogs, and there is pretty much a standard pose/viewpoint in all the photos. You should develop a portfolio of very similar photographs, whether bulls, stallions, rams, or whatever you can get. Visit horse and cattle shows and offer to take photos for free and send them to the owners. You might work that into being paid for some photos, and that's o.k. Assemble your portfolio of animal photographs and always have it ready because you never know when showing it will lead to a job. Study up on some of the star animals and their lineage so you are somewhat conversant if asked questions. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. farmraised

farmraised TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks!