Livestock photography

farmraised

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am extremely interested in getting into livestock photography, especially for like semen catalogs and other agricultural marketing items. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to get into that niche. Most nationally published livestock catalogs do not have a photographer listed. Does any one have experience in this field or have any ideas?

I cannot seem to figure out how to get into that niche.
Have you practiced a lot? I assume you've seen the catalogs, and there is pretty much a standard pose/viewpoint in all the photos. You should develop a portfolio of very similar photographs, whether bulls, stallions, rams, or whatever you can get. Visit horse and cattle shows and offer to take photos for free and send them to the owners. You might work that into being paid for some photos, and that's o.k. Assemble your portfolio of animal photographs and always have it ready because you never know when showing it will lead to a job. Study up on some of the star animals and their lineage so you are somewhat conversant if asked questions. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back