Living with bobcats

jnewmanco1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just moved to Tucson 5 months ago and absolutely love it. My sister and brother-in-law live near Phoenix but they have a second home in the Tucson hills. I am currently staying in this beautiful home. A few years ago they had 3 bobcats born in their backyard. Two of them, a male and his sister, continue visiting the house to this day. He usually shows up every week or so just to lounge around and nap in the cool grass in the front yard. It is a little oasis in the desert that they seem to enjoy. He does not mind me sitting on the porch taking his photos but his sister will jump the fence and take off as soon as I open the door. Here are a few shots of the male.
James
_DSC8598.jpg

kitty2.jpg

21 views and no comments......I'll chip in my 2 cents.

#1. Looks fake! For some reason the background looks like a studio background, I guess in a way that is a good thing! The bobcat looking right at the camera is priceless :thumbup: My only complaint would be that the bobcat does not really stand out in the picture for me.

#2. I would crop it right after the tail to take away the distracting background on the left of the picture.

If you end up getting more pictures of them let me know, I would love to see them.

Great timing... On a good day, I'll see a squirrel around here. A VERY small amount of editing could really bring some life to these. A little sharpening, a little more saturation.
Post more if you can!

Nice captures...We have many Bobcats in Florida as well. Nothing like running into one in the Wild!

Here kitty ... nice kitty ...

These are wonderful. You are so lucky to have this guy hanging out in your yard. I love the 2nd one of the 2nd set. It might be able to use a little saturation.

Urban bobcats! That is so,totally,totally cool! You did a good job of showing them in their, err, "natural environment"--the suburban back yard! I think these are pretty neat shots. Thanks for posting them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back