No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
B&W of a friend in Boston

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 138
The first thing that jumps out at me is the unfortunate missed focus. Her sweater is tack-sharp and face very soft. Were that not the case, this would, IMO be a nice image ('though it does need to be leveled). Some fill light would have been beneficial here too; the shadows on her face are a bit strong for my taste, and the blacks in her trousers are completely blocked. I like the composition however; the handrail against which she is leaning makes an excellent compositional element. This would definitely be worth reshooting to correct these minor issues.

The first thing that jumps out at me is the unfortunate missed focus. Her sweater is tack-sharp and face very soft. Were that not the case, this would, IMO be a nice image ('though it does need to be leveled). Some fill light would have been beneficial here too; the shadows on her face are a bit strong for my taste, and the blacks in her trousers are completely blocked. I like the composition however; the handrail against which she is leaning makes an excellent compositional element. This would definitely be worth reshooting to correct these minor issues.

Yeah that was the first thing that popped out to me when editing them. You can see almost every stitch in that sweatshirt, it takes away from other parts of the photo such as her face

I would simply "paint on" some added sharpening to the face and hair, burn down the nose about .33 EV, and BOOM! It's fixed. By leveling out the apparent degree of sharpness, the ever so slight focus miss is rendered much less an issue.

SiImilarly, if you were to soften the sweater just a bit, then sharpen everything, the disparity is similarly equalled out.

You can see almost every stitch in that sweatshirt, it takes away from other parts of the photo such as her face
You said it backward.

You can see almost every stitch in that sweatshirt, it takes away from other parts of the photo such as her face
You said it backward.

Not really sure what you're saying? Was just agreeing with the top post on how the sweatshirt overpowers the image because of its sharpness

to me, great light, beautiful subject

Most reactions

New Topics

Back