What's new

Lizard

radiogooroo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
36
Reaction score
10
Location
Richmond, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
colorlizard.jpg


Comments welcome!
 
A cute shot. You nailed focus on the eyes, but the back is soft. Shooting at F4 instead of F2.8 might have increased your DOF helped get the whole lizard sharp.
Selective coloring is not providing any benefit to this image in my opinion. YMMV
 
Actually an Carolina Anole... beautiful little reptiles!

I agree with sleist, needed more DOF, a crop to emphasize subject... and Selective Color seldom contributes to an image, if that is what you did here....
 
Thanks for the feedback! I'm a noob and just now kinda starting to get a good grasp on aperture / DOF.

I was definitely playing with selective color, but in the case of this particular image, I think it's an enhancement. The piece of metal the lizard is perched on is part of a cover for a large Cummins/Onan generator that had been broken into by a copper thief. The color this metal is painted, Onan green, is not too far from the lizard and clashes a bit.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom