Load edited photos onto camera

TPOL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, I hope someone can help me with this....

I have some photos that I took that I downloaded from my camera (
Fuji FinePix A310) to my computer, edited them and now I want to put them back onto my camera so I can get prints. I have tried to do this and get as far as putting them onto the camera, but when I go to view them and make sure they went back on, I get a blank screen that says READ ERROR, which I assume means it cannnot read my edited versions of the photos. So, my question is, is it possible to put my edited photos on to my camera and and actually be able to VIEW THEM/PRINT THEM?
My camera is a Fuji FinePix A310

TIA for any help anyone can give me!

Laura

It's easy to do with a card reader and windows XP (drag and drop), but I've never been able to do it just using the USB hook up. Decent card readers can be had for less than $30, will make life much easier. :)

Just to check, what format are your edits in? If it's not JPEG, I doubt the camera will be able to read them even if they are being saved to the card.

It's possible that your camera needs the EXIF data to render the image on screen. When you choose 'save as' in PS, check the 'save as copy' checkbox in the dialogue, the EXIF data should be saved along with the file.

I tend to burn them onto CD, cos I find it easier and I can just give that to the person at the shop and they sort it for me. I don't trust those kiosk machines not to swallow the card and keep it forever! Still I don't do it very often!

Rob

Yes. You can. If you are taking the card in to be printed - the machines can still read it, but your camera can't...

So load them onto the card the way you are now, and take the card in...

Most reactions

Back