What's new

Local Fire

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More to come but I wanted to share this one now. I took a quick shot when I was there to set up for shooting, and in the lower left, I didn't notice until I cropped it, that I got the owner of the building raising his hand in disgust, his wife gasping with hands over mouth, and a fireman puking from smoke inhilation. This would have been such a great capture had I been ready. I wanted to capture the tragedy of it all. I hope I got some worthy, we'll see.

7546844980_9317799bdd_c.jpg










7546841430_08a221589a_c.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
Just gonna pop up some images SOOC for now as I see decent ones, might edit later. Tons to go through.


7546956450_8b751554cd_c.jpg










7546951118_acd5a7d7e2_c.jpg
 
Wow! I really like the 4th one you posted! The lighting is excellent!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
Yeah, that one was money as soon as I saw it. I was shooting the fire hydrant as it stuck out at me and I glanced over and saw that fireman standing in the doorframe and I walked out in the middle of the street instantly to frame that one. I may crop later, but I really like it as it as far as the lighting elements.
 
I like #4 as well. Thats a really nice shot. I wouldn't crop it at all though, I think that would just take away from the picture. If anything, I would level it out a little as I can see just a hair of a tilt to the right. I only notice this because of the bottom left window.
 
I like that what attracted you was the lighting. I like #4 & 5.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
Glad I had my 50mm 1.4 on me to be able to get the lighting.

They didn't mind at all. Others were point and shooting from afar, I was all over the place. Not being disrespectful at all, or in their way. Talked to a few of them. I got there right when they put out the big fires. As I was leaving the pros showed up with their big fancy cameras and tripods...but it was all over by then. :-)


I'll check the levels on that one when I'm done going through them. I am not terribly unhappy with my performance being handheld and only had this lens a few days...and it's manual focus to boot. Lots I could have done better, but it was exciting.

7547061892_59f37b221f_c.jpg










7547056834_67f781bb62_c.jpg










7547057982_f8e314c44b_c.jpg










7547058744_e0f272847a_z.jpg
 
#5 I like as well. I thought I would try a hand with some Post Processing though. (tone mapping, high pass filter and contrast adjustment). This is what I came up with:


$HydrantEdit.webp
 
#5 I like as well. I thought I would try a hand with some Post Processing though. (tone mapping, high pass filter and contrast adjustment). This is what I came up with:

Yeah, I think that one has lots of possibilities. I'll definitely be revisiting him. Nice edit.
 
Glad I had my 50mm 1.4 on me to be able to get the lighting.

They didn't mind at all. Others were point and shooting from afar, I was all over the place. Not being disrespectful at all, or in their way. Talked to a few of them. I got there right when they put out the big fires. As I was leaving the pros showed up with their big fancy cameras and tripods...but it was all over by then. :-)


I'll check the levels on that one when I'm done going through them. I am not terribly unhappy with my performance being handheld and only had this lens a few days...and it's manual focus to boot. Lots I could have done better, but it was exciting.

7547061892_59f37b221f_c.jpg

Love this
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom