What's new

Local Fire

Glad I had my 50mm 1.4 on me to be able to get the lighting.

They didn't mind at all. Others were point and shooting from afar, I was all over the place. Not being disrespectful at all, or in their way. Talked to a few of them. I got there right when they put out the big fires. As I was leaving the pros showed up with their big fancy cameras and tripods...but it was all over by then. :-)


I'll check the levels on that one when I'm done going through them. I am not terribly unhappy with my performance being handheld and only had this lens a few days...and it's manual focus to boot. Lots I could have done better, but it was exciting.

7547061892_59f37b221f_c.jpg

Love this

I'm proud of this one too, in a different way than the others. Ima leave him as is sooc, I think it reflects the moment better.
 
#5 I like as well. I thought I would try a hand with some Post Processing though. (tone mapping, high pass filter and contrast adjustment). This is what I came up with:

Yeah, I think that one has lots of possibilities. I'll definitely be revisiting him. Nice edit.


Thanks. I didn't want to brighten it too much, but I wanted to make the color of the hydrant more alive and lessen the shadows yet still keep the dark tone to it.
 
Here is a firetruck set and another hydrant. I loved that hydrant. I don't think I did so well on the trucks..but eh...whatever.

7547299632_2ed66863c2_z.jpg

7547334778_25dbe36078_z.jpg

7547292964_5900173b04_c.jpg

7547318394_208e877a30_z.jpg
 
#5 I like as well. I thought I would try a hand with some Post Processing though. (tone mapping, high pass filter and contrast adjustment). This is what I came up with:


Yeah, I think that one has lots of possibilities. I'll definitely be revisiting him. Nice edit.


Thanks. I didn't want to brighten it too much, but I wanted to make the color of the hydrant more alive and lessen the shadows yet still keep the dark tone to it.

I'm not that good at tone mapping yet, but once I shot it, I instantly thought "I wonder if someone can single image HDR this thing?" lol. No time like the present to learn.
 
Welp, that's it for now. The end of Ernicus' journey as an on the spot, action reporter. lol. I will upload all of the ones that were not insta deletes to a Flickr set if anyone wants to take the journey through my lens. I'll have the set link up after a while, it will take a while to upload. Just gonna use the camera jpg's and keep up there for a memory.
 
No, no injuries. It appears that the main center portion was what was burnt. As I got there I saw big flames, but went out by the time I raised my camera. Then they busted through the door and were simultaneously chainsawing the roof to dump water in from there. So given the smoke and water damage, I'm thinking it's a loss. The part of the building where I took the shot of the fireman in the doorway I think is ok, other than the muck tracked through and smoke damage.

I'll know more tomorrow. It is a fairly new building and was one of the nicer ones in the downtown area, if you can call it that...lol, it's a small town.

I do know they did a lot for seniors, homeless, and special needs people and families out of there. I cannot recall the name of the part that burnt (there are a few businesses in that building), but I have seen them hosting many events for elderly and handicapped as well as mentally handicapped people.

If I had to guess, I'd think it will be back up shortly with support from the townsfolk.
 
I guess I should resize these on my flickr. lolz. How much space do I get on there?
 
Here is where they doused the flames right as I got there.

7547423298_d8312d5764_c.jpg










7547427398_63012a68c9_c.jpg
 
Two more then I'm done, lol. I kinda like the truck shot in this post. I love the lighting in the truck with the firemen in the background a bit blurred. Really like this shot.

7547498164_c38bcdd1e3_c.jpg









Back to work

7547466604_e6f82184c6_c.jpg











One more shot of owner looking on in disgust and disbelief. Wish I got his face.
7547505390_380e4c95db_c.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom