Andraste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aghostpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiya ^^

These aren't exactly the best pictures, but they have interesting stories behind them. Chicago's famous for it's ghost stories, and these are two of the most eerie - In my opinion anyway ^^

d6211ffc.jpg

This lifelike statue of Inez Clark (1873-1880) was erected on request by a Sicilian Sculptor one year after her death. Besides being eerie enough to look at, the stone work of art is said to have a life of its own. According to local legend, it was seen outside the glass box one night by a watchman on his graveyard shift during a nasty thunderstorm. He fled and never returned. Others have claimed they saw the ghost of Inez wandering around Graceland Cemetery.

f02416c7.jpg

This bronze statue is one of the most famous sculptures in the area. "Eternal Silence", erected in a likeness of Death, was created by artist Lorado Taft in 1909. It stands to honor the resting place of Dexter Graves (1789-1844). According to lore, those brave enough to approach this intimidating figure and stare into its eyes, would see their death long (or shortly) before it happened. Even if you don't know this story, it's hard to walk up to this thing, trust me. If anything ever had an ominous presence, that'd be it. o_O

Anyway. Just thought I'd share a couple of these local legeds. The Midwest is definitely well known for them ^^​

Heya Ice,

Yeah the "Eternal Silence" statue is awfully eerie. That's the closest I've gotten to it, and I've lived in the Chicagoland area all my life. lol ^^ I was afraid of the thing before I even knew the story behind it. Eesh..

Anyway, thanks for lookin'! ^_^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back