dannowatts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
dannowatts.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone!

i've created an iphone app that i'd like to share with you all! it's called PocketScout and i'd love to have everyone check it out. PocketScout makes location scouting simple!!

here's the website : PocketScout | Snap. Save. Share. Location Scouting On Your iPhone Made Simple!
or you can view it on the app store : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocketscout/id391928117?mt=8

you can read the full back story of how and why PocketScout was born by visiting the website, but here's the brief version:

i've done many location scouting sessions with a point and shoot camera, garmin gps, moleskin and dealt with the frustration of tying them altogether after the fact. during one of my last trips out scouting, after I had taken a couple photos, written where about i was , how to get back to this location and redundantly described that photo in my notebook, i thought: there has got to be a better way to do this!

after that experience, i was determined to not let another scouting session turn out the same way again. so with a list of self-imposed requirements, PocketScout was born!

i'd love for you to try PocketScout and see if it helps you as much as it has helped me when scouting locations.
if you're interested in giving PocketScout a try and reviewing it that would be awesome. (it works worldwide, not just the united states!)

if you like PocketScout, tell your friends, tell the internet, talk about it on facebook, talk about it on twitter ( you can follow updates and info at PocketScout's twitter : @PocketScout )

thank you for taking the time to check out PocketScout, i really do appreciate it.

rocksteady,
danno~

Last edited:
Not a bad little app IMO. Seems handy.

However, IMHO it isn't worth $2.99.

$0.99-$1.99 sure, but even the more robust games on the iPhone aren't $2.99.

Have you considered doing a "Lite" version, to get some reviews in. Maybe limit the number of locations to 5 in the free version, or something like that?

Just some feedback from a frequent app store user. Good luck with the app, it looks good so far :thumbup:

However, IMHO it isn't worth $2.99.

$0.99-$1.99 sure, but even the more robust games on the iPhone aren't $2.99.

to me, price is relative for each person, so i don't think it's worth arguing over someone finding a price too high or trying to convince them that they should pay a specific price. but the thing i would like to address is the comparison to a games pricing. i feel that a game is something you do when you are idle or when you have some down time, when you're bored. after a certain amount of time, you're looking for the next greatest and newer game to entertain you. it's disposable.

PocketScout is a utility, a tool. another item in your camera bag per se.
It's to be used alongside your business to help with one aspect of it. While yes it can be used passively or when there's down time, the point of the app is to help someone do their job and to make it easier to do an aspect of that job.

But if someone feels that 2.99 ( or whatever price ) isn't worth the price of a tool, they don't have to buy that tool. and i'm okay with that :)

Have you considered doing a "Lite" version, to get some reviews in. Maybe limit the number of locations to 5 in the free version, or something like that?
I have considered doing a lite version, but there hasn't been a real need to do it at this point. i've learned something being an app developer and that is hunting after reviews doesn't equate higher sales or happier customers. haven't needed to do a lite version because in the few weeks that PocketScout has been available, many thousands of copies have been sold. without a lite version, without lowering the price, without tons of reviews and most importantly, without a single piece of advertising or alert that PocketScout was available; the only way that thousands of people have found & purchased PocketScout was from word of mouth from users who bought PocketScout and told someone else about it.

This week is the first time i've actively told anyone about PocketScout and started complimenting the word-of-mouth marketing with my own targeted marketing efforts as well! It's been extremely well received and i've been blessed with having some great users who regularly email their suggestions, complaints and appreciation.

Just some feedback from a frequent app store user. Good luck with the app, it looks good so far :thumbup:

thanks so much for the feedback and support, it is appreciated!

rocksteady,
danno~

Old dug up threat.......Selling something.... equals Spam?

I clicked on the triangle so TPF can decide.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back