What's new

Locked Up

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing with some old shots. C&C is always welcome!! I, myself, have some issues with these but would like to hear what you have to say. :greenpbl:

1.
11275723243_55e99f1c20_c.jpg


2.
10760308904_baa52f0ac5_b.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Your new avatar is seriously sexy!!
How you doin?!!
 
I like the starkness of the black and white, but these seem so bright for such a creepy, dark place. Seems a bit incongruent--which might be what you're going for but it confuses my simple little pea-brain. :lol:

I seem to recall some other shots you've done of this place that had a much creepier, darker feel to the processing...yes?
 
Thanks! Same with yours! I found it on my hubby's iphone last night from our trip to San Antonio. It's a super cute image, totally grainy though. I tried to salvage it in LR, but not much could be done :( We are going on day 4 of ice lockdown here in dallas. Just found out schools are closed again tomorrow! Thank goodness my wine supply was good, the stores are empty.

$MarieS1a.webp
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Sharon, yes some of my other shots like this are a lot darker. I was thinking after I was done with these, that I should probably keep the processing the same between all of them...but what fun is that. hehe I will go back and make these darker. That might be something that is messing with my head as well. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Thanks! Same with yours! I found it on my hubby's iphone last night from our trip to San Antonio. It's a super cute image, totally grainy though. I tried to salvage it in LR, but not much could be done :( We are going on day 4 of ice lockdown here in dallas. Just found out schools are closed again tomorrow! Thank goodness my wine supply was good, the stores are empty.
You look hot, girl!! I'm glad to hear that you have a steady wine supply!! Does that mean you're going to be frisky tonight?! hehe
 
Oooh, I love that first one, but part of me wants to see what it would look like from a higher angle.
 
I really like the second one... facing the door instead of facing the back of the cell was a good call. The light is kind of awesome in that one too.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
Oooh, I love that first one, but part of me wants to see what it would look like from a higher angle.
Thanks, babe! Ahh, I wish I would of had the room to move around for this shot, but I didn't. =) There was actually a gate between me and this cell block.
BTW...I'm diggin the new avatar. :wink:

I really like the second one... facing the door instead of facing the back of the cell was a good call. The light is kind of awesome in that one too.

The ceiling in this place made for some very dramatic lighting. =) HDR is your friend here! Thanks for the comment!
 
Wow-those are fantastic. They definitely tell all kinds of stories.
 
Thanks, babe! Ahh, I wish I would of had the room to move around for this shot, but I didn't. =) There was actually a gate between me and this cell block. BTW...I'm diggin the new avatar. :wink:

Heheh thanks, doll. You should check out my latest thread, bet you'll like what you see ;)

Where was this, btw?
 
I really like the first shot, love the lines that dominate the photo and the way they cause you to pause and roam all around the frame. Looks like it would be a fun place to shoot, I bet you have a lot more great photo's from this place!
 
Bright, dark, whatever. I'd probably do it dark, but they're not mine.

What's going on to my eye here is that everything is equally interesting. These are visually chaotic. You've got basically the same kinds of light vs, dark placed next to one another, high-contrast, high-interest elements all over the pictures.

It's certainly a direction to go, and I'm not saying it's bad by any means. If you're feeling a bit stymied here, though, that might be part of why.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom