Log

elemental

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shot this in the woods from my first ever black and white roll. Probably the third roll I developed myself. It's TX400 in Clayton F76+. Seems very grainy, but that may be due to the Target negative scanning process. Target makes Wal-Mart look like Allen's. For some reason I find this one visually interesting, but I'm not sure why. Please share your thoughts, critical or otherwise. Meanwhile, I either need to rethink my development times or find me some better scanning. You should (and probably will) see the Agfa.

log557.jpg

Not bad, not bad....and *I'm* certainly no pro!!! LOL!! I'm not sure why the focus isn't on the caterpillars?? I mean, I get that the rings of the tree have an interesting componant...but when you notice the caterpillars, you sort of want to 'see' them better, KWIM??

Not bad, not bad....and *I'm* certainly no pro!!! LOL!! I'm not sure why the focus isn't on the caterpillars?? I mean, I get that the rings of the tree have an interesting componant...but when you notice the caterpillars, you sort of want to 'see' them better, KWIM??

Interesting. I was more struck by the incredible texture of the log, and think it would look funny if that were out of focus. I never though of it that way. Thank you for the input.

More suitable for color, I think. Go back and shoot it on Kodachrome.:D

I like it in B&W and it's not that noisy at this size. It could be smoothed, but you'd loose some texture.....I like the texture.

Interesting. There's almost a 'ripple' effect from the surrounding area. It's from the left side of the image, where the log goes really out of focus, and spreads upward halfway between the log and the top border of the image.

It gives a marked 3-D effect. It reminds me a bit of something coming through a Stargate, or a motion effect popular in recent movies like Jumper. It's as if the log just terminated a rapid deceleration.

And I haven't even been smoking anything!

As well, I really like the textures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back