Logo

AngieDee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm considering using a logo on my photos and have designed one that I'd like some feedback on. I've never used a logo before so if anyone has any experience or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Note that the file I'm attaching is exported from photoshop so it has a white background but my current design is just the text and that's how it would be applied to photos.

TIA!

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 143
There really is no 'right' or 'wrong' to logos used as watermarks. They can be whatever you want them to be. Complex. Extravagant. Simple.

My only suggestion is you keep it consistent with other marketing tools you are using (building signage, letterheads, business cards, print advertisitng etc.)

I'm considering using a logo on my photos and have designed one that I'd like some feedback on. I've never used a logo before so if anyone has any experience or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. Note that the file I'm attaching is exported from photoshop so it has a white background but my current design is just the text and that's how it would be applied to photos.

TIA!
consider keeping it black and white so its less distracting. But as per the other comment: most important is to make it consistent with your overall branding!

Happy new year!
Andreas

Very cute, I feel your logo has a very approachable feel to it!

I am primarily a graphic designer, and do quite a bit of work with logo design. I like the use of the dot as a separation, have you played around with the kerning of the text in your name? If you plan to use this as a watermark you may want to tighten that up so that you can still watermark at a larger, more legible size without distracting from your images.

Also, if you convert this to a greyscale logo, you can create a brush with the logo and create a simple action to make a new layer and stamp that layer with your logo. This is useful so you don't have to constantly import your logo onto every photo you want to watermark. : )

Angie Dee; welcome!

IMO, (and I'm not a graphic designer) this is quite plain and probably will not translate well to become a watermark or a long-term logo for you.

Can you hire a graphic designer?

Very cute, I feel your logo has a very approachable feel to it!

I am primarily a graphic designer, and do quite a bit of work with logo design. I like the use of the dot as a separation, have you played around with the kerning of the text in your name? If you plan to use this as a watermark you may want to tighten that up so that you can still watermark at a larger, more legible size without distracting from your images.

Also, if you convert this to a greyscale logo, you can create a brush with the logo and create a simple action to make a new layer and stamp that layer with your logo. This is useful so you don't have to constantly import your logo onto every photo you want to watermark. : )

Thank you! It is my first attempt and unsure of the text - I was thinking something tighter, too. There are so many fonts that it's hard to choose! I am a total armature photographer (it's not my day job) so it's just for the odd jobs that I'm being paid to do and possibly for the future if I decide to make it more of a hobby. I am planning on making it a brush, too, once I decide for certain that I'm happy with it.

I appreciate all your comments/help!

Angie Dee; welcome!

IMO, (and I'm not a graphic designer) this is quite plain and probably will not translate well to become a watermark or a long-term logo for you.

Can you hire a graphic designer?

I do not want to pay a graphic designer - I don't do photography professionally, it's more of a hobby and do the odd paying job so thought I should step up my professionalism for those clients.

O.K., so in "stepping up your professionalism" you should attempt to get a good design. I am not promising anything, but perhaps some kind soul will help you for free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back