Processing of Scanned Photos

hss001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got several hundred photos to scan, and after trying several scanners settled on the Epson FastFoto FF-680W.
I'm quite pleased with the speed and results of the scanned photos, with auto enhancing enabled.

To improve the quality of the scans I have found that taking the raw scan, running Topaz Denoise AI over it, then applying custom edits in Photoshop results in a better quality photo with less noise.

Denoise AI can batch denoise photos so the only thing I am missing is some software to batch auto-enhance them.
Anyone tried this before or can recommend suitable software for batch auto-enhancing photos?

TIA

I've got several hundred photos to scan, and after trying several scanners settled on the Epson FastFoto FF-680W.
I'm quite pleased with the speed and results of the scanned photos, with auto enhancing enabled.

To improve the quality of the scans I have found that taking the raw scan, running Topaz Denoise AI over it, then applying custom edits in Photoshop results in a better quality photo with less noise.

Denoise AI can batch denoise photos so the only thing I am missing is some software to batch auto-enhance them.
Anyone tried this before or can recommend suitable software for batch auto-enhancing photos?

TIA
You say your photos are auto enhanced when scanned - what's the point in auto enhancing them a second time?

You say your photos are auto enhanced when scanned - what's the point in auto enhancing them a second time?
They are auto-enhanced by Epson software but I've found that processing the un-enhanced scans produces better results (Topaz Denoise AI and color correction in Photoshop).

I want to find a program that does batch colour correction.

Don’t use photoshop for color correction, use light room. You can create a preset and apply it to batches of files, (photos).

But, does Photoshop or Light Room have an auto-enhance feature, similar to the Epson software, which will fix white balance, brightness, contrast?

washed out, lacking contrast, or need colour adjustment. I'm looking for software that can do this
Not sure if any of these work but I have never heard of "one click" restore software.

Not sure if any of these work but I have never heard of "one click" restore software.
The Epson software runs auto-enhance on the scanned photos, and keeps the original. But, there's no way of running the auto-enhance on existing images (AFAIK). I want to run Topaz Denoise AI on the photos first, then auto-enhance.

The software in the link you send requires manual work on the images, and not "one-click" batch processing.

i don’t use Topaz but I thought their photo AI would do this.

I don’t see how adjusting exposure in a batch mode would be very good though. Too much variation between the originals for the software to work well in my opinion.

i don’t use Topaz but I thought their photo AI would do this.

I don’t see how adjusting exposure in a batch mode would be very good though. Too much variation between the originals for the software to work well in my opinion.
I agree with that. The is auto adjust in Lightroom. Below picture shows how it's done in Library Mode. just select the picture you want en masse. You can also apply presets made by Adobe or yourself.

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 10
I agree with that. The is auto adjust in Lightroom. Below picture shows how it's done in Library Mode. just select the picture you want en masse. You can also apply presets made by Adobe or yourself.
Thanks guys. I installed a trial of Topaz Photo AI. It does a good job of cleaning up noise but doesn't make any other adjustments.

@Rickbb, I've never used LightRoom but am willing to try it. Does it do a good job with Auto Tone?

Thanks guys. I installed a trial of Topaz Photo AI. It does a good job of cleaning up noise but doesn't make any other adjustments.

@Rickbb, I've never used LightRoom but am willing to try it. Does it do a good job with Auto Tone?
Photo AI cleans noise, sharpens, enhances faces and enlarges a file. On Autopilot it will analyze the image and apply only what it thinks the image needs, but that can be one or all four. This is from Topaz: Batch Process Images | Topaz Photo AI

I find AutoTone is not so good. Manual adjustments work better. Note that I:m using Lightroom V6 purchased, not either of the online rented versions. So, others would have to comment on those versions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back