London

Xavi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings everyone!

I just got to Brighton and have been studying at the University of Sussex for the past week on a study abroad program. My first trip was to London and here are a few pics I'd like for you guys to check out. Any tips about composition or exposure is welcomed! I shot these with my Nikon D40x and either with my 18-135mm or f/1.8 35mm lens. One of the hardest things Im finding out is taking pictures that are properly exposed consistently. One second its gloomy and another second it is very sunny and bright. When do you guys think would be the optimal time to take pictures in the UK without having to worry much about the changing weather?

1) Big Ben

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

2) London Eye

DSC_0231.jpg

3) Saint James Park

DSC_0353.jpg

4) Guard

DSC_0092.jpg

5) Tower Bridge

DSC_0508.jpg

6) The Tube

DSC_0426.jpg

cheers!

Xavier

I like the last one best, you should have gone somewhere nice while in the UK
because London is a **** hole only good thing about it is the photo galleries and most are free

^^ :lol:

I suppose you would have suggested Bolsolver Castle then? ;)

There are plenty of photo opportunities in London (and I'm not a fan of the place either). I'm surprised you didn't get the obligatory Picadilly Circus at night, the Gherkin, or Buckingham Palace.

I agree, the last one is the best. It would have been really cool if you could have captured the whole "mind the gap" phrase.

As far as the changing conditions go, the UK weather is just like that. It's an entire topic of conversation over here!

There are plenty of photo opportunities in London (and I'm not a fan of the place either). I'm surprised you didn't get the obligatory Picadilly Circus at night, the Gherkin, or Buckingham Palace.

I agree, the last one is the best. It would have been really cool if you could have captured the whole "mind the gap" phrase.

As far as the changing conditions go, the UK weather is just like that. It's an entire topic of conversation over here!

Only when they have the Medieval weekend

I like the last one best, you should have gone somewhere nice while in the UK
because London is a **** hole only good thing about it is the photo galleries and most are free

hehe thanks gsgary. I actually did make my way to the National Gallery. It was amazing. There are dozens of spots that would make for great pictures inside there.

Gherkin and Buckingham you say? ;)

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

I did not get a Picadilly at night picture though! Not yet at least. I have till August 30 to find some creative inspiration and to get all the "touristy" places before I go.

Im definitely going to go back and get a picture of the tube with "mind the gap" in frame. I can't believe I missed that!

thanks for your time guys!

Only when they have the Medieval weekend

How does a visit to Arundel Castle sound? Pretty medieval right? I should be going there in mid August. I think France is next on the list for this weekend though. ;)

Really like the last one, nicely done.

Only when the isgreat but can get a bit busyy have the Medieval weekend

How does a visit to Arundel Castle sound? Pretty medieval right? I should be going there in mid August. I think France is next on the list for this weekend though. ;)

Arundel Castle is great but canget a bit busy, where in France are you going and don't say Paris :lol: it's nearly as bad as London

Only when the isgreat but can get a bit busyy have the Medieval weekend

Arundel Castle is great but canget a bit busy, where in France are you going and don't say Paris :lol: it's nearly as bad as London

hehe actually I decided against France and booked a plane to Norway a few hours ago instead!! I will be going to France sometime in the upcoming weeks though. I will probably stay away from Paris for a large part of my trip there simply to avoid the big crowds. What I really want to do is visit Gothic cathedrals and basilicas. When's the last time you traveled around Europe gsgary? What places did you visit?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back