Lone Watcher

SpikeyJohnson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a photo from todays random hike! I was a bit annoyed this morning so I grabbed my camera, drove for about half an hour, got gas and a snack and headed to a hiking spot. I climbed up to the "G" in Pleasant Grove. This was one of the few photos I loved after all was done (interesting how we see something and think it will look good later on).

Lone Watcher by spikeyj37, on Flickr

Hope you all like it!

BTW: Hiking with the D7100, 24-70, a tripod and a backpack was not easy. I need to get a better backpack to keep it all consolidated to one backpack and the camera.

I feel that the sun is too strong, but this wasn't taken around midday judging by that shadow. Also sometimes i try b&w when the colours are washed out. The picture itself is well thought out. You've got the background to contrast with the subject to convey what you are saying from your title.

I did a little retouch to remove some of the light fromt he sun. Here is the new photo.

Lone Watcher by spikeyj37, on Flickr

If it look's washed out I think it may have something to do with the smog. I do need to try this in a B&W still.

Not bad. I agree with hamlet about trying a B&W conversion. You could vary the lightness of the tree, ground and sky pretty much independently.

Most reactions

Back