Lonely Boatsman

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've finally got a tripod after a year of hobbying as a photog, so I'm new to this type of shot and would love some feedback.

I realize that the horizon is basically dead centre but I personally like the balance between the color of the sky and the water. You may not feel the same. I took a few shots composed differently but sadly there is a "spot" inside my lens or otherwise that ruined the shots.

Lonely Boat Sunset by Boaketography, on Flickr

ISO 400
f/22.0
1/8 sec
55 mm focal length

EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (which I can't wait to replace, seems to have a spot inside the lens that is ruining picutres. The glass is clean and I doubt it's the sensor because the "spot" doesn't show up with my nifty fifty. I just happened to be in the right spot on this shot that it isn't visible.)

He's too small in the frame to make a difference. I'd clone him out and keep the shot the way it is, but rename it ;)

I agree that he doesn't add anything to the shot. My cloning skills are non existent however.

I agree that he doesn't add anything to the shot. My cloning skills are non existent however.

here's a quickie.

Project1.jpg

I would take the original and crop it down to make the boatsman big enough to be the subject. You titled it the "The Boatsman" so it must mean something to you.

I would take the original and crop it down to make the boatsman big enough to be the subject. You titled it the "The Boatsman" so it must mean something to you.
i opened it up in gimp and when ever you crop it down it gets blurry and has noise because of how much you have to crop it...

The boatman doesn't really have much significance, more like a coincidence. I just thought it was a better title than "look at my sunset shot. LOOK AT IT!"

:lmao:

Last edited:
What's a photog?

We can still the boat wake after the removing the boat. Use the Patch tool to get rid of the wake.

Most reactions

Back