What's new

Lonely Welders comment and critique please

Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
476
Reaction score
122
Location
Qatar
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$_DSC7504_001.webp$_DSC7505_002.webp

What does every one think of these shots? used ND 0.9 filter to help lower the light, cant remember the full set up but it was in the region of f6-8, 1/200, iso200 I think, very minor touch up on view nx2 (will get through elements later).

Any comments are as always most welcome and actively encouraged.

Thanks in advance
 
I like the second more because the composition fills the frame more and there is more definition in the welder's body.
In the first, it's a bit difficult to figure out what goes where.
 
You would think that with as much light as there is from the arc that these shots would be lighter.
 
I love them. Seriously, these are really good IMO. The first one is more of what you actually see on a job site, could be a bit darker even and still work. I recognise the scene, maybe that's why I want it darker. The second one I would crop in a bit on the guy, get rid of as much of the wall behind as I could.
 
The Traveler: I am really happy you said what you said on the first image, it was kind of what I was hoping for to come across. Once you have a welding mask on it is impossible to see anything until you start welding so I'm happy that little part of the story is kind of coming across.

Designer: I can assure you those arcs are throwing an utter obscene amount of light hence the reason I had to use the ND filter.

Stevepwns: Glad you liked the images, I have to run them through Elements yet but am hoping to darken the back ground in the second image whilst trying to keep the welders body definition still visible. . . Could be a tall order but will figure it out (I'm rubbish with Photoshop). The other image I plan to keep the darkness level but make the black a little more black :) Will post once they are finished.

Thanks for the comments all
 
I think the first one could do with a little cropping off the top and right, but once that's done, the way the arc lights up the welder/etc is just awesome.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom