Long Blonde Haired Girl [CC]

bleeblu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bleeblu.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the first and second ones quite well. The second one's really a bold move, but it works really well.

The third one is pretty eh, and not flattering at all to her and as far as I can see a pretty much nothing photograph.

Fourth is a cliche, and not particularly well done. If she did not have incredible hair this would be pretty much blah, but she does. The light is nothing in it.

The fifth one looks like nothing, but I think the way the tonalities of the fence work with the tones of her hair and outfit, and her posture echoing the planks actually make this a photo that will grow on one, and might potentially be the best of the lot. Not sure, it's a photo that takes time to evaluate.

Your technical work is fine, as far as I can tell. Focus is pretty much where it oughta be, exposure is where YOU want it to be, right or wrong. She's a wonderful subject, and you have some pretty strong ideas.

Overall, well done.

C&C per req:

1. I like the lighting here, but the pose does NOT work for. It rather looks like she's releiving herself in the stream. I would also consider burning in the area centre background as the brightness is fighting for the eye's attention with the subject.

2. I love the lighting here; this is a really unique shot. I would like to see more of her though; perhaps a portrait aspect shot from farther back?

3. I'm afraid this one doesn't do a lot for me. Centred subject, unhappy/annoyed expression, uncomfortable pose...

4. Very nice; I like the arrangement of her hair here. Again, a slightly happier expression wouldn't have gone amiss.

5. As per #3, this really doesn't do much for me. I like the lighting, but the subject matter seems rather bleah.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I don't like where you place your subjects in relation to the crops.

I see the first one, if she was lit from the front and not the back, if she was not centered in the frame but on the left...

The first one is kind of awkward, but overall I like them, and I just went through the rest of your photo's and they're all great

Better than anything I've produced yet. Model has great potential, I'd say she wasn't relaxed about modeling at this point, you need to build her confidence. 5 is good but her posture and expression could be improved, that's up to you, she can't see how she's standing. Lighting, focus, DOF I'd say is mostly good.

I'd say you need to take this gorgeous young lady back to the woods with some SERIOUS photographic intent. If you achieved these while fooling around for photoshop subject matter and scouting locations, then I'd love to see what you could produce when you put your mind to it. If you use location 1 again be prepared to get your own feet wet in order to get the best angle. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the input guys! I'll keep everything in mind. I already know I need to work on my cropping skills lol.

I really like this set, especially 1, 2, and 3. The light fits the mood so well. The story seems very coherent and accessible, and the technique doesn't get in the way. Very good.

I've come back to this thread a few times just to look. I can't say that too often around here, so it must mean something. The more I look, the more I'm drawn to something that I can't really articulate. What more can we really ask for as photographers?

The only thing that bugs me is the blur over her hair in #4. It looks processed and doesn't fit with the rawness of the rest of the series.

I've come back to this thread a few times just to look. I can't say that too often around here, so it must mean something. The more I look, the more I'm drawn to something that I can't really articulate. What more can we really ask for as photographers?

The only thing that bugs me is the blur over her hair in #4. It looks processed and doesn't fit with the rawness of the rest of the series.

It's actually a composite of nine photos so the DOF is naturally exaggerated!

Maybe it's the 2 +1 + 2 way the set is shown...her gaze does not meet the viewer in the first two or the last two. The lack of eye contact allows, and maybe even INVITES, the viewer to look at the subject without any social consequences.

Really like the processing style, and shot #2 is awesome. I like a lot of the aspects of #1 but I think it's the location/lighting/processing rather than the portrait itself that I'm drawn to.

Most reactions

Back