What's new

Long Exposure Church Photos

waiting

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 11, 2013
Messages
181
Reaction score
129
Location
Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got bored last night and went for a drive. Wasn't sure what I wanted to Photograph but as these where close they where it.

9688100227_8766001191_c.jpg


9688225753_2f24f4ec64_c.jpg
 
Thanks, just gotta fix the some of the flare.
 
Number one is ok, but number 2 is a killer shot, pint that one!
 
They're both good, but number 2 is excellent. What was your set up for that one?
 
Thanks guys! It's funny cause everyone loves the second one where I liked the first.

Was taken on a 5Dii 16-35 at 16mm, ISO800, f/9 30 seconds.
 
was there any lighting in the area apart from the background street light/flood light?
 
The second is killer. I don't mind the flare at all, but might recommend working on what appears to be some barrel distortion at the bottom. Also not sure about your watermark placement.
 
I must admit I kinda prefer the first one, very video game coverish about it. Either way both are excellent shots.

Keep it up!
 
Yeah there was street lights and a pub behind me that lit the whole front up. I removed a few large shadows from the bottom due to it.
What do you mean by barrel distortion? It's shot on a full frame camera at 16mm so I'm I'm happy with how little distortion is present as is. It's barely noticeable to the untrained eye and even then it's acceptable.
As far as the watermark goes, I have my own high resolution Image without it and don't really care about web Images that people will never use for anything anyway.
 
There are two main types of geometric lens distortion, barrel and pincushion. They are generally most noticeable near the edges of the frame. Barrel causes straight lines to bow outward toward the center and pincushion inward. I'm not talking about the effect of the wide angle lens, which I think works well for this image. Photoshop, and other image editors, have functions to remove this sort of distortion. It's in the PS filter section under Lens Correction. What I'm suggesting ts that the baseline of the church could be made more parallel to the lower edge of the image, where it now angles upward toward the sides. Might be worth a try.
 
Fair enough I've just never heard the correct term. I used auto lens correction in CS6. You should see the un corrected version. Probably could straighten the bottom more your right. But it's not that bad to me.
 
They look great to my "untrained eye".
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom