What's new

Long exposure night shot of San Clemente pier

You want my thoughts ?

Its beautiful!!! :thumbup:
 
Thanks goodguy. First time shooting night/long exposure. Well almost all my shots are first timers since I just got my SLR in March.
Well then for a newbie all I can say is WOW!!!
Very impressed.
Here is are few cityscape shots I took of Toronto at night too.

AE1_0601_zps038c20c0.jpg


AE1_0602_zpsf7cebbb0.jpg


AE1_0604_zps8c8cbb20.jpg


Keep shooting and sharing it with us :)
 
Nice shots! I especially like the first one. The colors are insane. How long an exposure did those take? I had to play with it on mine started at 10 sec and worked my way to 30.
 
Took this after mothers day dinner at the pier. 30 sec shutter, iso 100, f3.6 at 18mm. Shot on Nikon D5200.

Thoughts critiques please and thank you's

View attachment 73720.

Nice shot Mike. I spent some of Mother's Day in San Clemente also. Do you live down there? I am actually a Triton. :)
 
Nice shots! I especially like the first one. The colors are insane. How long an exposure did those take? I had to play with it on mine started at 10 sec and worked my way to 30.
Thank you for compliment, 15 sec 18mm f8
 
goodguy what was the iso. I try playing with the iso but 100-200 is where I seem to get the best results no matter the conditions. What application would higher iso work for?
 
At night shot I try to stay at 100iso to 125iso
In these extreme conditions you want the sensor to work as easy as possible so I will set the camera this way that it will stay on 100iso
 
Yes I tend to keep my iso locked instead of automatic. Thanks again my brain is swimming with new knowledge, ideas and I am really enjoying the exploration.
I know the feeling, I got seriously into photography about 1.5 years ago and it never stops to amaze me how much there is to learn and every time I feel like I have learn more and improved my skills I find more thing I didn't even heard of and it gets more complex and more interesting.
 
I missed the train by 15 minutes! We were at mothers day dinner on the pier and I saw it coming from far away but no way was I running out on my wife on mothers day to take the shot. Would have been my last shot. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom