long night

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
It started at 1AM, with my son slamming the door repeatedly, mumbling angry. Looked like he was having an angry dream. I looked at him, and he said "no! BAD!" and he went off to bed. Ok. Whatever. I figured he'd want a drink of water to get him to settle back into bed, so I filled a sippy and kissed him goodnight.

He woke up a few minutes later and ate a sandwich, still not 100% sure he was awake. He toddled off to bed. "Great" I thought, must have just woken up (half way) because he was hungry.

At around 2AM, I hear "where is he" from my wife, and then SMASH! He ran into the door, scaring the bejebus out of me. He was all disoriented and mumbling about school. Took him a while to calm down and figure out where he was. Then the fun begins! He was all jazzed up about going to school!

Every 20 minutes, just long enough to get some sleep, from 2:00 to about 3:30 he'd wake up, toddle into our room chatting about going to school, about "school time" and "no, no ... home time!" and then toddle back into his room and rest another 20 minutes.

... as I'm typing this, sounds like the bus has arrived (Lo has him outside waiting). THANK GOD. I'm heading back to sleep.

Stuff like this make me wonder if I truly want kids...
Although I know there's a lot more to it and is well worth it.

One night, when my oldest son was about 2, he scared the crap out of my wife and I. We looked in on him before going to bed and he was gone! First floor apartment with bedroom windows, we paniced. We were about ready to call the police when, for whatever reason, we opened his closet door. He was in the closet, sleeping in his toy box, with the door closed. Not funny at the time, but 30 years later I still have that ammunition.:twisted:

Did he have a fever? A fever can cause delirium so see how he is later today.... sorry you are going through this, I raised 3 boys so I have seen all kinds of things.

I don't think so. At one point he was in our bed, I was rubbing his head to try to get him to go the eff to sleep. He felt dry, not warm at all. I think he was just dreaming. He loves school, and before he went to bed I told him he'd be going to school tomorrow. I think he was just having a lot of dreams in anticipation.

He also has sleep disorders. Really, this is *nothing* compared to before we had him on medication. He'd routinely stay up past midnight and enter into some half waking state. If I held him, he'd go to sleep immediately, and within 30 seconds start twitching, kind of one limb at a time and appear wide awake and hyperactive again. We endured that for like 18 months. It was awful.

I keep a running tally in my head of hours of lost sleep which will be applied towards number of chore hours when they are older.

Most reactions

Back