PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D5000 + Sigma 18-250 HSM OS

Low Key scene mode, 250mm, straight out of the camera.

These guys were REALLY far away...
734470993_UkeRu-XL.jpg

good shot, i like it! enjoy your camera!

Nice shot...the trees and path are a very natural framing device. The patches of frost on the ground convey how cold it is very well. The darkness, leading out and into the light--pretty simple and reliable device. Looks good.

Thanks for the comments!

I should mention that the shot isn't of the runners, I really just wanted the path - but I was on my lunch break and didn't feel like waiting around for them to pass by. I may try and Photoshop them out, but what do you think - do they add anything to the photo?

Me personally, I would like it better without the runners. Great shot BTW!

I prefer the first shot with the three runners out on a cold, frosty day. With the three runners removed, the visual payoff is scant....looking several hundred yards down a dark tree-covered path and the visual payoff is 10 percent of the frame filled with brush and grass? Uh, no....not worth the payoff for me. THe one with the people in it is visibly more compelling.

I think what would be interesting would be to post the two images, side by side, on pBase, and see, over a month's time which image garners more clicks. DOllars to donuts, it will be the image with the people in it.

Still, with the people removed, you DO have a picture. it's a different picture than the original, but the rationale for the picture without people seems less compelling. Still,an interesting exercise, no?

Hmmm... you have a point there.

I guess 'as a desktop picture' I prefer the second one, but as a photograph in general the first one does hold my interest longer.

Most reactions

Back