Longmont/Boulder area photography question

I've visited there a few times, of course don't miss mountains! There is also this little waterfall area, I believe was called boulder falls that was pretty cool. Also, don't miss Pearl street in boulder a lot of street performers and many interesting people there. Hope that helps

Brettmc thanks. That was kind of what I was looking for. I am staying with a friend who is a photographer and I am sure that he will have great places to go, but we will be on our own some as well, and wanted to make sure that I didn't miss something I might enjoy seeing.

All ideas/suggestions are welcome.

GeneralBenson- I tend toward landscapes personally but my husband shoots video. Any kind of waterfall would be good for both of us. And oddly on the other end of the spectrum is cityscapes. I know it is a broad range.

Thanks for any direction.

I've been to Colorado many times, mostly as a child. In Boulder I know of the foothills which is close. My aunt and uncle used to live in Boulder Heights and you can get some wonderful shots from up there. I wonder if somewhere in the Height perhaps you can look down on the town of Boulder. Also don't forget Rocky Mountain National Park, you can't miss that! It will be crowded that time of year, but oh well. ;)

(Iriairi, I bet you get wonderful shots in SC. Beautiful state.)

Oh a shot down of Boulder. That sounds interesting... Maybe doing the National Park in the middle of the week will help with the crowds some. Thanks for the idea Mindy.

There are some very nice things to photograph in the Carolinas. We spend a good deal of time in the mountains as there are tons of waterfalls in the area. But you also have the coast as well. Now if we could just do something about he humidity. ;)

Not to far of a drive south (2 hours ish i think) is the USAF Acadmey lots of good stuff around there and then there's always Estes park.

Defy-

USAF? That sounds promising. Not too far a drive for a day trip. I will check that out too, as that doesn't sound like something the photog that I am staying with would normally be interested in...

And a little further South by Colorado Springs is Garden of the Gods...just a thought for a day trip. Beautiful area for a landscape photog!

i totally forgot about Garden of the Gods! That's where i got married!

NVGods_0188.jpg

And if you do go down there might as well go to Pikes Peak and Woodland Park both gorgeous areas!

I second the notion of going to Rocky Mountain National Park. Pay the $23 bucks and take your car over Trail Ridge Road. It's the highest paved road in North America and crosses over the Continental Divide and gets way above tree line. The panoramic views are unbeatable. Boulder is a good place to shoot. Pearl Street is fun. If you take your car west on Baseline Road you will start to head up Flagstaff which takes you onto the foothills that overlook the city. Boulder Falls is a good waterfall to shoot and is in Boulder Canyon which you can get to by taking Canyon Road west out of town.

If you head north for an hour you can go to Fort Collins, which is nice little city with a very vibrant Old Town district. Colorado Springs is nice too. Garden of the Gods and the Cave of the Winds can be interesting.

You might consider shooting in Denver for a day. The city offers a lot of great shooting opportunities, especially on 16th Street Mall.

I will be in the Longmont/Boulder CO area in mid to late May for vacation. What should I absolutely not miss photographing?

I live in Westminster Colorado which is between Boulder and Denver. In Boulder, visit Pearl Street (which I think some have mentioned), the University of Colorado campus is beautiful, and there are TONS of parks in Boulder.

Denver, I would go to 16th street mall, and then walk around Civic Center park by the capitol.

Just a few places with good things to photograph.

You defitnatly need to get shots of the flatiron's those awsome looking for landscape shot's,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah. A shot of the flatirons is a must. But all you have to do is point you camera West at any point and you'll pretty much get a shot of the flatirons. For some of the best views, go to Chatauqau Park, or NCAR. Here's on I took last year.

p851968908-2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back