Lonley Football on a Field

Tried to address the points made about the fake sky, does anyone think it works ?

9909512269xp3txl1.jpg

You did a decent job. I wasn't trying to put you down. Most people probably wouldn't notice. I work with photoshop all day, so I catch things like that. lol.

Here's a few things that would have made it more believable:

-The sky showing in the fence is relatively dark, so I would darken the clouds some. Also, I would remove some of the contrast for the same reason.

-On the left side, there's an obvious split in the clouds that should result in some of the blue sky being visible through the fence, so I would add some blue sky there. If you had done this, I probably would have had trouble determining whether the sky was real or fake.

Here's how it looks with those two things done:

football-clouds.jpg

And I still might have brought the contrast down some, or up the contrast on the fence.

You did a decent job. I wasn't trying to put you down. Most people probably wouldn't notice. I work with photoshop all day, so I catch things like that. lol.

Here's a few things that would have made it more believable:

-The sky showing in the fence is relatively dark, so I would darken the clouds some. Also, I would remove some of the contrast for the same reason.

-On the left side, there's an obvious split in the clouds that should result in some of the blue sky being visible through the fence, so I would add some blue sky there. If you had done this, I probably would have had trouble determining whether the sky was real or fake.

Here's how it looks with those two things done:

football-clouds.jpg

And I still might have brought the contrast down some, or up the contrast on the fence.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to feather the edge of the building and I got rid of the fence problem, replacing it with sky. Here is another attempt. Thoughts?

So do you do a lot of photoshop? I have a question about lens flare. Maybe you could help?

991183747_L2BAJ-XL.jpg

That's a heckuvalot more convincing. Nice job. :thumbup:

I haven't done much with lens flares, but ask anyway, I might know the answer. If not me, maybe someone else on the forums.

I like the colour shot in the last image

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments. This one is going on the wall in my sons bathroom.

Heck, I couldn't tell the original wasn't real... I just figured the chainlink on the fence was tight so it created a diffusion or something.... good edits though, and good shot.

The retouched version could be on the schools next football program.:thumbup:

Eric
I do not see a lonely football on the field. I see a brand new football with the backround of a stadium and a little of the field.

How about a higher angle with the football taking up less of the photo and let us see more of the field. Let it get "lost" a little on the field...
Maybe even an older beat up football that looks lonely and discarded. Maybe even players in the backround or off to the side playing with another football.

Or I could just change the title to better suit the image. Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back