Look at what im getting!

With the three yin (broken) lines at the top it is T'ai = peace.
If you reverse it so that the yin lines are at the bottom it becomes P'i = standstill/stagnation.
You gonna have to be really careful which way up you hold that arm...

I-Ching I can, I-Ching I can. The little MD that cooooooooould!

What's I-Ching by the way?

Oh, and how much do tat's cost? I'm still thinking of getting mine done but I've no idea on the cost.

The Book of Changes
It reached it's present form around the time of Confucius.
It isn't, as some people think, fortune telling. It is in fact a form of divination. You ask it a question and then by a variety of means you get an answer.
The answer tends to tell you the situation as it is and what it might become, along with advice on how to get there - or how to avoid it.
If done properly it can be frighteningly accurate.
I tend to consult it if I have a decision to make. It helps focus your mind and it usually comes up with pretty sound advice.

Try here
http://pacificcoast.net/~wh/Index.html

does that go all the way around?

Looks sick.

I have the tattoo bug again. Probably gonna get something very soon.

Get it around your thigh or bicep, it'd look pretty cool :thumbsup:

If you pick something that has meaning to you for all time, then ya cant go wrong. Just research thoroughly that it means what you think it does.

Luminosity said:
Just research thoroughly that it means what you think it does.
Oh yes indeed.
I had a student some years back who got a tatoo. He wanted a Chinese pictogram - so he asked a Chinese student to render his name as a Chinese ideogram and he had it tatooed on his arm.
It looked realy good and he was very pleased with it.
I got some new Chinese students and noticed that they found his tatoo hilarious. They wouldn't tell me exactly what it did say* but they assured me it wasn't what the owner thought it said.

*From hints over the year I worked out that it meant 'the person who bears this tatoo enjoys sexual congress with farmyard animals'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back