Look, but don't C&C

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This forum has affected me! Now, every picture I look at I critique it! I can't just enjoy a photo anymore. Anybody else like me?

I cant look at anyone anymore without automatically looking for a good vein for IV access.

I cant look at anyone anymore without automatically looking for a good vein for IV access.

Funny... I still notice good veins too...

I can still enjoy good work, but bad work is even more irritating than it used to be..

What you need to do is learn some new criteria by which to judge things.

What we've learned most recently is what looms largest in our minds. If you've just really finally figured out white balance, you're going to be hating everyone else's white balance. If you're just mastered single point AF and which eye to focus on, you're going to hate every portrait you see. If you find yourself nitpicking the technical stuff in everyone else's pictures, go spend some time learning about color or composition or drawing. If you find yourself nitpicking everyone else's visual balance and use of chiaroscuro, spend some time (re?)-learning about some technical trivia.

Eventually it evens out and you stop nitpicking altogether because you have a kind of gestalt view to critique from. You'll start to see the good and the bad in everything, and it becomes just a newer and more interesting way of looking at pictures.

I may not get WB 100% correct on every photo but when I see photo pictures or P&S pictures with bad WB, it drives me crazy and I want to fix it.

Aww...Bunny...I have been overly critical of everybody and everything for years. I think you'll get used to it eventually.

Having done my share of topless model shots, I can say that this analogy definitely extrapolates.

Most reactions

Back