Look who wandered into the b&w forum…

Only one word comes into my mind......stunning.

Great set! Love how the blacks are rendered. The Nik collection Silver Efex isn't free anymore. It was free when Google owned the app. It was sold to DxO. I had the free version and then purchased the updated version. Nice collection of presets in the Silver Efex and many parameters to fine tune.

Great set! Love how the blacks are rendered. The Nik collection Silver Efex isn't free anymore. It was free when Google owned the app. It was sold to DxO. I had the free version and then purchased the updated version. Nice collection of presets in the Silver Efex and many parameters to fine tune.
Thanks Cheryl. I always feel like I have no clue what I’m doing when I attempt a b&w conversion so I really appreciate your positive feedback.

New York's best sometimes shows best, sans colour,
The completely overcast sky made the decision easy.

This is a wonderful gallery quality set!
Thanks very much Jeff!

Lovely set. Great compositions. Would vignette #1, or burn in the sky some. Love #2. #3 is fantastic even busy as it is. So many implied lines that lead to the subject. I wouldn't remove a thing. Especially the wires. It's NYC.

You all know I like my colors but these seemed better suited to black and white. Critique and suggestions welcome.

NYC in black and white by SharonCat..., on Flickr

You did it!!! You got the bridge and old buildings, even the cobble stone street!!! Great set, glad you took my suggestion!,
Clutter? It's NYC for crying outloud! Your b/w conversions are great as well! Next on your list try the Ogunquit lobster fleet.

I missed these. All iconic shots and the quality is superb. X-T5??

Lovely set. Great compositions. Would vignette #1, or burn in the sky some. Love #2. #3 is fantastic even busy as it is. So many implied lines that lead to the subject. I wouldn't remove a thing. Especially the wires. It's NYC.
Thanks, much appreciated. A very light vignette might work.

You did it!!! You got the bridge and old buildings, even the cobble stone street!!! Great set, glad you took my suggestion!,
Clutter? It's NYC for crying outloud! Your b/w conversions are great as well! Next on your list try the Ogunquit lobster fleet.

Thanks. I looked but didn’t see any train tracks. Still not sure exactly what you meant with that?

Were these originally colour and then you made the black and white?

I'd double check the supposed unavailability of the "free" 1st gen Nik Collection.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back